Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Italian Soup and Hand-dipped Strawberries

If you saw my Valentine post, you will remember that I asked my dear friend for her Sweet Italian Sausage Soup with Cheese Tortellini recipe. Today she sent it to me to share with all of us and it certainly sounds yummy. Also, she included a pic of her hand-dipped chocolate strawberries that she whipped up. They are lovely! She didn't send me a pic of the soup, so I borrowed one that looks similar. I notice the recipe in the pic has sliced carrots.



Sweet Italian Sausage soup with Cheese Tortellini
1 pound sweet Italian sausage with basil, casings removed before cooking
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped fine
5 cups of beef broth ( I use the beef crystals and dissolve in hot water)
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup red wine ( i prefer Sweet Red from the Llano Winery in Lubbock, Texas)
2 cans original stewed tomatoes (I use Del Monte or one can and a jar of tomatoes that I canned)
2 or 3 cut up fresh tomatoes
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I use a good brand with tomato  and garlic)
1 package of cheese tortellini pasta
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley

...and now for dessert!

Don't these strawberries look yummy?? Good job, Girlfriend!

A warm tummy and chocolate drizzles,
Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you!